Sunday 14 October 2012

Meet the crew!

Skipper



Name: Omer Brand
DOB: 27/04/1981
From: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Current location: Southampton, UK
Best achievements: Representing Israel for many years, coming 4th in World Championships, and being part of a Volvo Ocean Race team.

I grew up surfing and sailing on the shores of Tel Aviv. From the age of 12 I was a regular in the Israel national sailing team, racing the Optimist class through to 420 and Olympic 470 classes. During this time I competed in European and world championships and staged an Olympic campaign for Athens 2004.
Moving forwards from 470 sailing I continued onto the professional 18 foot skiff Grand Prix in Australia. Here I began my professional yachting career; and competed in regattas such as the Sydney to Hobart. Around this time I received the call to move to the U.K to join a Volvo campaign for the 2008/09 edition.
After my time in the U.K. I relocated to Palma de Mallorca, Spain (where I met Bar) and continued my professional racing, competing 
in the TP52 professional circuit and in the Super Yacht circuit all around the world. 
I currently live in Southampton, UK, with my fiance Kerry; and am focusing on our Rio 2016 campaign.


Crew



Name: Bar Halevy
DOB: 10/02/1993
From: Ein-Hod, Israel
Current location: Southampton, UK
Best achievements: 3rd in Spain cup 420, 23rd J80 World championship

I began my way in the sailing world when I was 9 years old in Hapoel Sdot-Yam sailing club where I raced the optimist class and later on the 420 class for a short time.
When I turned 14 my family and I moved to Mallorca, Spain where I sailed 420 and J80 class boats.
Slowly but surely I worked my way up to the top of the Spanish fleet for the past 3 years with a new and determined crew and the help of an excellent coach.
Last year I decided to leave the dinghy sailing (which as it seems, didn't work out) and try my luck in the yachting world.
Doing my way into bigger boats I started sailing with a Spanish J80 team.
Just after the J80 World championship, me and Omer decided that we are going full on to achieve our goal.
Currently I live in Southampton, UK; giving our Olympic campaign all my time and efforts, looking forward to see where it will take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment